Product Development Experience
- Embedded Software for a Medical Device. Linux, C, TCP/IP socket communications, stepper motor control, high-speed data acquisition, signal processing, digital I/O and real-time graphics for patient displays.
- Hardware and Firmware for a custom board utilizing an 802.11 wireless module and a Microchip PIC32 processor. Selected components for the project and coordinated with EE resources to have the boards designed and fabricated. I wrote the test firmware for the board using Microchip’s TCP/IP stack to exercise the 802.11 wireless modules and the board features.
- Managed software and firmware development for an innovative robotic medical device that fabricates customized nano and micro-fiber wound dressings. Worked hands-on with a small development team on developing the system. Met critical milestones for customer beta trials and contributed to a 510(K) filing on the system. Technologies: WPF touchscreen interface, C#, Microsoft .NET, Microchip PIC embedded processors.
- Worked with a team of in-house and off-shore resources on software for 2d and 3d optical imaging systems. Utilized C++ and QT to support Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
- Led development of Ciphergen Express™, a powerful software suite for proteomics and biomarker discovery. Ciphergen Express was written in Java and utilized MySQL or Oracle for back-end RDBMS.
- Developed a multi-threaded real-time library in C++ for the control of a time of flight mass spectrometer for protein biomarker discovery.
- Developed innovative graphical software for a leading chromatographic data system on Windows. Designed and developed Intuitive graphical interfaces for instrument control, data visualization, data processing and reporting.
- Developed the hardware and software for an on-line process chromatograph for ultra-high purity water analysis. Created software for trending analytical results and interfaced the system with process control systems.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Technology, Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ
Certificate in Software Engineering, UC Santa Cruz Extension