My name is Ed Gavin, and I'm the principal consultant at Rose Garden Software. My focus is on creating high quality software and firmware for clients in the San Francisco Bay Area. Prior to starting Rose Garden Software, I worked at a number of Bay Area biotechnology and scientific instrumentation firms including Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems, Caliper Life Sciences, Ciphergen Biosystems and Dionex as both a software engineer and as a manager. I've participated in the conception and creation of many commercially successful products, and this experience has allowed me to help my clients in all phases of product development.
One of my strengths is engaging in the early phases of product development and helping the customer to select the appropriate software, communications and embedded technologies to make the project successful. These critical choices can make a significant difference in getting a product to market on-time and within budget. Please contact me if you have a project that you want to discuss.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing system requirements, functional specifications, software requirements, software design specifications, test plans and other technical documentation
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
- Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, PHP
- Databases: MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Frameworks: MFC, Microsoft .NET, QT 4, Swing, WPF, ASP.NET
- Processors: Intel x86, Microchip PIC, ARM
- Tools: Jira, Subversion, Perforce, DevTrack, Visual Studio, Eclipse